# = comment
+ = new feature
* = improved feature
! = fixed bug
- = removed feature
v1.8.12 build 832 (02-19-2013)
* File sorting now accepts numeric sorting and RegExp sorting :-)
* RDNS now detects more IP addresses (leading = and more)
# some internal changes for multitab coming in v1.9
v1.8.10 build 820 (12-11-2012)
! The File list was not displayed correctly when bigger than screen height
! Analyse % was incorrect when read buffer was too big
# Update to Raize 6.1.1
v1.8.9 build 811 (11-21-2012)
! Alarm mail was not send if SMTP authentication was set
! Clearing the window now clear the windows immediately
+ Standard Input can now be tail using filename :STDIN. Try "dir | mtail :STDIN"
* OEM charset has been added
v1.8.7 build 801 (10-01-2012)
! Fixed a bug that corrupts mTAIL starting window's size
+ It is now possible to save the window's position in addition to its size
+ Just left to the Eraser Icon, you have now an arrow that allows to maximize/minimize tail zone within mTail window
* All GUI texts are now using a ClearType font
v1.8.6 build 792 (06-16-2012)
! Fixed a bug that loose default timer setting
* By right clicking on the filter combo box you can now easily and or remove filter item
* Open with Shell / Notepad has been modified to open with Shell as default
v1.8.5 build 789 (02-13-2012)
* Big internal change : mTAIL Regular expression engine now uses Official Delphi PERL RegEx unit. This new unit is much more faster compiling RegEx.
* Filtering, Alarm and Color coding are now much much faster
when using RegEx rules !
+ mTAIL now keeps horizontal scroll bar position even when new lines appear. You can change this behavior in the General confirguration tab.
* Configuration Panel has been revamped.
v1.8.3 build 777 (02-2-2012)
! Fix a bug introduced in v1.8 where mTAIL does not refresh immediatly when some parameters change (buffer, filter...).
+ Color coding has been improved to handle extended line modulo coloration
+ Color coding can now stop processing rules with the RuleStopOnOk
+ It is now possible to keep Color Coding when tailing is stopped
! The scroll mode icon was not updated if refresh rate was 1s.
* SMTP parameter has been reorganised. You can now specify the identification method
* Color Coding menu now shows Scheme Hint . Color Coding Name now show (?) if the scheme is lacking.
# Sample ccini has been updated to reflect the new features.
+ Color coding has been improved to easily color full lines according to color rules.
+ If a Color scheme is named default, it will be applied to all files that haven't a specific color scheme
! /ccini= command line parameter was not working (documentation mismatch). Now working as /ccini or /inicc
* mTAIL now searchs his ini and ccini in the following order : Forced path, mTAIL.exe path, application data path
* You can now specify the SMTP port
* About screen now shows the ini and ccini path
* If a color scheme is missing, a "?" character is added to alert the user
- old register parameter compatibility (for mTAIL 1.3 or bellow) has been removed.
# Big internal update to Delphi XE2 and Raize 6 for futur 64bits version. If you have problem with this version please email (old version is always downloadable)
! /ini= command line parameter is now working
* You can now close mTAIL using ESC key
+This version introduces Color Coding. For more info about Color Coding please see Documentation and Sample file Color Coding Ini (color coding ini is optional and should be in the same directory as mtail.ini).
# If you made a nice color coding scheme, please send it to me. I will share it for the community !
+ Alert can now launch a specific program
# Update to Raize 5.5
Old version history